Monday, October 8, 2012

day 7

reset.
sometimes all you need is a shower. a way to restart. a way to let the water roll off of you and feel a new. water has a way of restoring, a way of reviving. and that's what i needed mid way through my afternoon, something that helped me start over. something to soothe my frustration. so i showered and i promised myself to let the water wash over me. promised to let it change me. and i prayed that God would move me through the fog. i let my hair towel dry this time. i swept the floor,  rotated the clothes from the washer to the dryer,  loaded the dish washer, and wiped down my kitchen sink. i can't say that the water and minutes alone in the shower changed my heart, because it didn't. but in the most practical way, removing my smeared eye liner and shaving my prickly legs were, in fact, a much needed reset button in my day.

2 comments:

Jessica Griz said...

Yes. I've thought this many times. It might be up there with some of the best mothering advice.

Charissa said...

so, so true.